Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tankgirl wardrobe, here I come!


As first sweaters go, this has all the classic "um...you did it wrong" elements.

Gaping holes - check
misshapen pieces - check (the raglan pieces on the left side of the back sticks up)
Bunched up seams - check

Overall, it looks like wardrobe from a Sci-Fi channel post-apocalypse movie. Which, when you think about it it would be pretty accurate. It's acrylic and I'm sure that somewhere in some landfill, the neon green crop topped acrylic sweater I wore in the 7th grade is still hanging around next to the jelly bracelets and broken Walkman headphones.

This sweater was my yarn Dragon. Up until this point I had yet to complete a wearable and I would be damned if I was going to frog another attempt. This sweater was going to be made regardless of its warts. It was a necessary hurdle and even though it looks like my foot caught and I went down face first on the track, there is one thing this sweater has going for it.

It fits. And it flatters. Even my son said so.

So, I'm keeping it and I will wear it. Maybe for the photoshoot my co-worker swears is in my future after watching me "manage" our psychotic boss.

"You're next months centerfold for Ass Kicking magazine."

1 comment:

Sharon Rose said...

AWESOME!!!! So proud! I have yet finish a sweater I can actually wear proudly (even my glacier sweater looks better on others than me). My needles salute you. Rock on!