Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Fire Within...



I've done it yet again. I packed up the car and let the GPS take me to a place I have never been to do something I have never done for the purpose of allowing it to change me somehow.
When I leave on these journeys, I am always hopeful that I will at least learn something and come home with a new skill. A really good bungee jump out into the world will peel back your skull, and press and prod your gray matter into a slightly different shape. The better to absorb things with, my dear.

If that's the case, the time spent on the Playa opened up my cranium and let my brain walk free with everyone else's.

I would tell the story, but those who were there will understand.


Those who weren't, won't. Not really. Not....really. The Playa is something that can only be experienced.
And even if I tried I wouldn't do it justice anyway..I've tried three times and my mouth is too small to contain it. It feels like blasphemy.